What is Acne Scars Treatment?
Acne Scar Treatment is a series of refined dermatological techniques which are performed on a patient to improve the appearance of his/her skin and to boost his/her self-esteem.
Who is Acne Scars Treatment for?
Acne Scar Treatment is for those with deep permanent scars such as pitting or crater-like scars caused by severe acne.
What are the types of Acne Scars Treatment available?
Based on the nature of the scarring by acne, the patient’s medical history, the dermatologist will choose a technique or combination of treatment that is most suitable for the patient. The below-mentioned techniques and procedures are commonly used to in improving acne scarring.
- Laser Therapy: By delivering short pulses of the laser beam, dermatologist are able to smoothen, sculpt and normalize the appearance of acne scars. The non ablative and ultrapulse carbon dioxide lasers are commonly used for treating acne scars.
- Chemical Peel: By applying a chemical solution to the skin, mild scarring and comedogenic acne can be treated. It also improves your skin tone and reduce pore size.
- Excision and Punch Replacement Graft: By surgically removing a depressed acne scar and replacing it with a patch of skin from elsewhere on the patient’s body, excision and punch replacement graft can improve acne scarring.
- Soft tissue fillers: By injecting a small quantity of hyaluronic filler or a patient’s own fat, taken from another part of the body, below the surface of the acne scarred skin, these soft tissue fillers are able to elevate depressed scars.
- Adjunct Cosmeceutical Treatments: The use of skincare with bioactive ingredients targeting the healing of scars such as oligopeptides which enhances collagen growth, can help maximise the benefit of Laser and Chemical Peel treatments. These treatments does controlled damage to the epidermis and stimulates collagen growth to heal scars. The Elixir-V Serum for example, which is infused with oligopeptides and potent antioxidants, is frequently used by our patients as adjuncts during acne scar treatments.
© 2017 twlskin.com. All rights reserved.
Meet with Dr. Teo Wan Lin, consultant dermatologist at TWL Specialist Skin & Laser Centre, for a thorough consultation to determine the most suitable treatment for your skin.
To book an appointment with Dr. Teo, call us at +65 6355 0522, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may fill up our contact form here.Tags: Acne, Acne Scars